Shoulder and Knee Exams
Pre-recorded breakout session workshops
Lisa A. Hudson, M.D., F.A.C.P.
Sports Medicine and Primary Care doctor/ business owner
Dr. Hudson graduated from Stanford University and then U. Of Oklahoma College of Medicine, and have been in practice in Walnut Creek, CA since 1993. I enjoy skiing, hiking and travelling with my family. My faith informs everything I do. I have enjoyed mission trips to Kenya, India, Mexico and Papua New Guinea.
Participants will learn how to examine a shoulder and a knee, to better understand the anatomy of these joints, and how abnormal mechanics cause injuries , and how to rehab them. Sport specific examples will be given. Guidance will be provided about how to direct patients to sports appropriate for their body types, in order to minimize or avoid injuries. Joint injection will be demonstrated.
- Demonstrate competency in shoulder and knee examinations
- Identify ways shoulders and knees get injured
- Discuss which sports and exercises that are safe for different body types
- Nancy Clark's Sports Nutrition Guidebook
- Eat to Live by Joel Fuhrman