Using Social Media to Enhance Your Practice
Pre-recorded breakout session workshops
Sherry-Ann Brown, MD, PhD
Cardiologist, Physician Scientist, Mayo Clinic Alumna
Sherry-Ann Brown, MD, PhD is a board-certified cardiologist and physician scientist trained at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. Her innovation and service have resulted in international medical missions leadership, as well as authorship of invited scientific and medical journal articles, textbook chapters, blogs, and oral and poster presentations across the United States, Latin America, and the United Kingdom. She is also a published author of devotionals and science/medicine poems, and has received a number of humanitarian awards. Dr. Brown is the founder of the Cardiology Oncology Innovation Network, and a member of the Innovation Section and Women in Cardiology Section Leadership Council Communications Working Group of the American College of Cardiology. She is also a Social Media Consultant for the International Cardio-Oncology Society and chair of the Digital Strategy SubCommittee of the Association of Black Cardiologists.
Is your soul languishing from increased demands in your practice? Or sorrowful from events experienced by you, your colleagues, or your patients? In our session together, we will review ways in which use of social media can enhance your practice and help restore your joy and replenish your soul.
- Identify benefits of using social media platforms to enhance medical practice.
- Describe pitfalls of a professional presence of individual physicians and medical practices on social media.
- Learn strategies for using social media to enhance clinical practice.
- The Healer Speaks, Dr. Brown Cares
- D.R. B.R.A.V.E, Dr. Brown Cares
- Midnight, Dr. Brown Cares
- Life & Death, Dr. Brown Cares